In this course, you will learn how to: use a PC; use Internet to find information online; communicate electronically using an email application.
What will I learn on the course?
How to use a PC
- Switch on/ off a PC & log in to a network
- Learning about main parts of a PC
- input and output devices
- Using mouse & Keyboard
- Create/ open/ save/ print a Word document
- Style text( font highlight, colour, size, emphasize)
- add page number
- text alignment
- copy/cut & paste text
- add page borders
- using word art
- change the orientation of the page
Using Internet to find information
- Internet and web addresses
- What is a home page? what are web pages?
- identifying hyperlinks
- the difference between the address bar and search engine
- searching for images about hobbies
- Add websites to favorites
- Printing web pages
Communicating Information using email
- create an email account
- send/ receive & reply
- Delete old & unwanted emails.
- print emails
Your tutor will give you more information about the course at your first session
Are there any entry requirements?
This class is suitable for students who have no or little knowledge of using PCs or Internet.
How will I be taught?
Classroom based (including practical work where applicable)
How will I be assessed?
Formal assessment in class
Our IT Functional Skills qualifications are accredited and awarded by OCR (Oxford Cambridge RSA).
All learners are entitled to use computers & learning materials.
There is free guest Wi-Fi available in the College
Can I receive advice and guidance about further education opportunities and careers?
Yes. To find out more about what may be available to you please contact our Advice Team on 0208333300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What can I do after the course has finished?
Further IT courses at Cromwell College
Who should I contact with any questions?
For any general enquiries, please contact the Learner Enquiry Centre on 0208333300 or complete an online query at http://www.cromwellcollege.co.uk/enrol/